Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Long Time Away

Wow! Can it already be close to the end of November! I realized it's been awhile since I last blogged.

Last Thursday Melissa turned 23. Did I say 23?! She is a real blessing in our lives and we pray for a year of joy for her. She and Alyssa came up on the train on Friday. Melissa will be here until November 30th. The four of us, plus Kyle and Alyssa, celebrated Melissa's birthday at the Cheesecake Factory in downtown Seattle.

Today Ryan and Alyssa drove down to Oregon to spend Thanksgiving in Bend with Alyssa's family. This is his first Thanksgiving holiday away from home and it's sad to think he won't be joining our family, but this is a sign of growing up, I guess.

Our Sunday School class is going through the book "Barbara and Susan's Guide to the Empty Nest." It's written by Barbara Rainey and Susan Yates and is taken more from the woman's viewpoint, but has some applicable things for men and women. This has been a book I have totally devoured, since it is describing things we are going through now, or will soon be experiencing. I will keep this book handy over the next few years! Most of us in our S.S. class are not quite empty nesters, yet, but are getting close. Most of us have been together since our children were in elementary school, so we have a good support group going!

No comments: