Friday, February 13, 2009
End of a Stressful Week
I came to school last Monday morning and my friend Bonnie said, "What's your worst nightmare on Valentine's week?" Well, it turned out I had a new student who was starting on Tuesday. OK, that happens. Later in the morning I'm checking my mailbox by the office and another 2nd grader was enrolling. Guess whose class he was going to be in...yup, mine. Why did I get 2 new students? I had 2 students recently move and was in line to get the next 2 students. To complicate matters, they are both named Nathan (although one goes by "Nate", thankfully!) and their birthdays are 1 day apart. It has been a big adjustment as they both have a lot of things going on in their personal lives that I can't go into in this blog, but one of them can't read any words (except "I"), doesn't know all of his letters and sounds, and has virtually no oral language and print concept skills. The students, in general, have been tattling more, arguing with each other, and overly talkative. To say I'm ready for a 3-day weekend is an understatement! Sorry for the little rant, but with God's help, I'll do my best over the next 4 months of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment