At the end of last year I wrote a blog about how I'd like to try a new recipe each month. Well, I'll have to admit January slipped without trying something new, but I did make a new appetizer in early February. It was bruschetta - loaf of sliced bread brushed with Italian dressing and topped with diced Roma tomatoes and parmesan cheese. I wasn't personally crazy about it, but Dave said he liked it. I would like to look for another version to see what I can improve.
Tonight I made a chili with pumpkin in it. We both liked the autumn spicy flavor. This one is definitely a keeper. This fell under the soup/salad category (although I guess chili is not technically soup!)
March will have me looking for a new main dish. I am not necessarily looking for recipes that are outlandish, just new and hopefully ones to add to my collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment