Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Glimpse Inside my Purse
Once in awhile I'll post something pretty trivial, but that peeks a little into my life. I figure in future years I can look back on these blog posts and either smile or cringe! I saw someone do this on another blog where she emptied the contents of her purse on a given day to see what she thought was necessary to carry around with her. Thought this was kind of a clever idea, so here it goes! I will have to preface this by saying, I HATE clutter (although I know there are certain parts of my house that would probably be considered as cluttered!) When I get the mail, I have to immediately throw any ads, etc. away before they even touch a table. With e-mail, I feel the need to delete any unnecessary e-mails right away, so I don't have to look at a long list of e-mails. Our DVR is the same way...watch my shows, then erase. That will explain why my purse contents are very minimalist! For the purse itself, I like crossbody styles as they free my hands and I don't feel like when I'm shopping I have to juggle a purse along with shopping bags! Plus, they're perfect for traveling. I love the Giani Bernini purses I have found at Macy's. I have two crossbody styles - one in brown leather and the other is the black purse shown in the picture. My 3rd Giani Bernini is a khaki brown satchel style, which I also love. My purses need to have lots of smaller pockets and compartments - must have to do with my love of having things organized. All three of these purses were on great sales, too, which makes them all the more appealing!
Now...on to the contents: besides the prerequisite driver's license, couple of bank cards, AAA card, and insurance cards (not shown), I have the following: Disney Vacation Club membership card, Castaway Club membership card (Disney Cruise Line), D23 membership card (Disney fan club), a few restaurant punch cards, Verizon Samsung Droid Charge cell phone, checkbook (with a classic Disney movies cover, of course!), a couple of pens, Coach wallet (no cash...few coins!), mint Blistex (can't live without this!), CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint in pink mint #1644 (love this lip gloss - tastes great and can even be dabbed on the tongue to freshen breath!), Avon Color Rich lipstick in nude perfection (saw Reese Witherspoon wearing this shade in a magazine and liked it), Bodycology hand lotion in brown sugar vanilla (smells heavenly), Bath and Bodyworks hand sanitizer in warm vanilla sugar (can't live without my hand sanitizer), and peppermint Tic Tacs (either have those or peppermint Altoids). What's missing is Extra peppermint gum (ran out and they were out when I was at Safeway recently).
Ta da...there you have it! I'll be interested to see if I still carry those items in the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment