Wednesday, August 1, 2012
A Rosy Friendship
When Caleb got a "thumbs up" report from the doctors back in February, my teacher friend Sue Witt gave me a small potted rose bush in honor of Caleb. It was planted this summer in our front yard and has taken off like crazy...full of gorgeous, fragrant pinky-peach blooms. Earlier last month, Sue was in a very serious ATV accident in Spokane, spending time in the ICU and later in a life care center here in Port Orchard. She is back at her home now and has made remarkable progress, but still has a ways to go. When I see this plant, I think of Sue and breathe a prayer for her. She and I have each watched our grown daughters go through heartwrenching situations, and have a bond not every friendship has. I am blessed that she will be a teaching partner in 2nd grade with me, along with Kristie Knight, another dear lady, who has also experienced heartaches in recent years. This bond, along with our Christian faith, will make us a strong, supportive team, and I am looking forward to what the year holds for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment