Derd (noun) - A person who is a Disney nerd (as defined by Melissa and Ryan)
Saturday, August 15th marked the inaugural Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet held in Lynnwood. Melissa and Ryan would probably call it the convention for "Derds". We had an enjoyable day meeting some celebrities in the Disney world: Lou Mongello - host of "WDW Radio" podcast and author of two Disney trivia books (pictured with Dave, above), Jonathan Dichter - host of "All About the Mouse" podcast, and the spunky, adorable Margaret Kerry - live model for Tinker Bell. I picked up two old Disney records, two back issues of Lou Mongello's "Celebrations" magazine, Lou's first WDW trivia book (I have the 2nd), a personalized autograph picture of Margaret Kerry as Tinker Bell, some "Dream" mouse ears, and a PNW Mouse Meet pin.
The highlight for me was chatting with Margaret Kerry. She is 80 years old and so full of life! I was glad to get her autograph to add to the ones I have on the picture of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Alice in Wonderland. Definitely a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day!
No comments:
Post a Comment