Yesterday we moved Ryan down to Salem. He will be sharing an apartment with 2 other guys he knows through Corban College connections. I knew this day was coming, but it didn't really hit me until yesterday. I glanced at a picture of Melissa and Ryan I had on my nightstand. It was taken at Disneyland when Ryan was an 8-year-old tow-headed little guy. I felt this pang that they are both growing up, starting their new lives, and flying the coop. After saying our goodbyes, I cried on the way home. A bit of a repeat of 2 1/2 years ago when we dropped Melissa off at Corban College for the first time. I know this phase of life is inevitable, but I will so miss all of their friends coming over and playing games, laughing, etc. Sigh...
The pictures are of Ryan's apartment - Twin Oaks in Salem, Oregon.
No comments:
Post a Comment