Not long after Ryan and Alyssa became engaged, I was walking through Sears looking for something else when I found myself looking at their special occasion dresses. Lo and behold, I found a pretty brown dress that I thought might work as a mother of the groom dress. I knew the wedding colors were going to be green, brown and a touch of yellow. I tried the dress on and it fit well. Knowing I had 3 months to return the dress made it easier to take the plunge and buy it. I got the thumbs up approval from the bride when I showed it to her, and a few months later, I am still happy with my decision!
The dress is a dark chocolate brown chiffon with a satin waistband and bow. In some ways it is similar to my mother of the bride dress. Now I just need to find some kind of wrap to wear with it as it will likely be cool in the September evening!
My shoes took a little longer to find. After doing some googling of gold shoes, I came across a pair of shoes that caught my eye. They had some pretty rhinestone embellishments across the top of the shoe. I put them in my "favorites" section and did some more searching. I found myself continually coming back to those shoes, so I knew those must be "the ones"! They look pretty with the dress and I think they'll be comfortable, too.
My outfit will be topped off with a crystal necklace and earrings.
No comments:
Post a Comment