Last weekend Dave's sister Nancy was in town from Denver and spent Friday night with us. We went to their cousin Kathy's cabin home in Grapeview Saturday afternoon. It was an enjoyable day, but cut a bit short because we needed to get Melissa down to Corban College in Salem, Oregon. The drive down went smoothly and we met my sister Karen in Clackamas for dinner on the way to Salem. Melissa's in Balyo Hall where she was two years ago. Same room but one floor down (room 110). She is rooming with her good friend Alyssa Waters. Two years ago when we moved her down for her first year at Corban it seemed like she took the whole house with her, but this time she hardly took anything being that she'll be done in December. The ride back to Port Orchard was pure torture from south of Lewis County into Tacoma, averaging 10 miles an hour on the freeway with only a few stretches of "normal" freeway speed. It took 5.5 hours to get home when normally it is under 4 hours!!
School meetings started in full swing this week. It was so hard setting my alarm for 6 a.m. Monday morning! Getting back into the routine has been harder than I thought and I haven't slept very well this week. I'm starting to feel the effects today! My head is spinning and feels like it can't cram in one more piece of information!! We had our "Meet the Teacher" event yesterday and I met several of my new students. They all seemed pleasant and it made me look a little more forward to starting next week. The jury's still out on the 9 I have yet to meet, though!!
No comments:
Post a Comment