Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Reflections

As the minutes tick away to 2011, I thought a recap of 2010 was appropriate. Seems I was just doing 2009!

February - Annual Harper ladies weekend at Pacific Beach.
- Ryan interviews and is hired by Verizon Wireless Center in Bellevue.

March - Ryan and Alyssa move from Salem to Renton and Ryan starts at Verizon.
- Dave turns 49.

April - Week at Disney World with Kyle and Melissa. Saw a shuttle launch from our resort grounds. While at Disney World, Ryan and Alyssa call with the news that they are having a little boy.
- Kyle and Melissa announce that they are expecting a baby sometime around January 2nd.
- Ryan turns 21.

June - My cousin Pam and her daughter Katie come to Seattle for a visit.
- Kyle turns 24.
- Phil, Karen, Dave, and I take a road trip to Sacramento, San Francisco, Monterey, and Carmel.

July - Dave and my 26th anniversary.
- Mom, Melissa, and I host a baby shower for Alyssa.
- Kyle and Melissa's 1st annivesary.
- Reunion dinner with a few childhood/high school friends from Grace Church.

August - Kai David Ness is born on the 4th at 7:34 p.m. weighing 5 lbs. 15 oz., 18" long.
- Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet
- Kyle and Melissa find out they are having a little boy.
- Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary

September - Nesses and Buckleys host a 50th anniversary open house for mom and dad.
- Ryan and Alyssa's 1st anniversary.
- Dave ends 24 years with Ecolab to start a new job adventure with Sterile
Surgical Systems.

October - Dave starts at Sterile Surgical Systems

November - Gayle, Melanie, and Andi host a baby shower for Melissa.
- Melissa turns 25.

December - I turn 49.
- Alyssa turns 25.

With 2011 just over a half hour away, I am looking ahead to what the Lord has planned for the new year, including meeting our new grandson, Caleb Evan Hancock, any day now! Thank you, Lord, for being with us during the highs (and lows) of the past year.

No comments: