Yesterday was Melissa's last bridal shower. It was a fabulous brunch in the courtyard area of Harper Church and was put together in a spectacular manner by Joni Wilson, Esther Bulthuis, Peggy Gillard, and Ann Boyett. The ladies made yummy quiches served with fruit and pastries. Diane Maxwell made a delicious pistacio dessert. It was amazing how beautifully the old courtyard could be spruced up with gorgeous flower arrangements!
Ann organized two games. One was "The Price is Right", where she had several pantry food items and we were to guess the total cost. Melissa was the winner, but forfeited her prize to the runner-up. The other was unscrambling bridal words. I "won", but technically it was virtually the same list as was at her shower last week, so I couldn't, in good conscience, take the prize! :)
Peggy gave a heartwarming devotional message, which Melissa really took to heart. She even wants to have John Snell incorporate some of her words into a prayer.
Melissa received a collection of wonderful gifts. Our living/dining room is beginning to look like a store! I wish I could shop from it! I think after 25 years of marriage, I'm needing a shower, too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment