Friday, June 5, 2009

A September Wedding

I realized that I had mentioned Ryan and Alyssa's engagement in a previous post, but didn't say when the wedding was going to occur. Ryan's plan was to propose on May 22nd (which he did) because they had talked previously about getting married May 22, 2010. They had also talked on and off about getting married in September, but the original proposal plan was for late summer and the thought of getting married that quickly wasn't too realistic! When the engagement switched to May, the September wedding plans started to swirl around again. Alyssa's dad, mom, and stepdad agreed that this date would be good. Because I mentally had May in my mind, I was a little surprised when Ryan said the wedding was coming in a matter of a few months! They have done a lot of planning in the past two weeks, and everything seems to be falling into place quite well. Alyssa has her dress (and from a picture she showed me of her in the dress, she looks so beautiful!) and the bridesmaids have theirs (Melissa also looks lovely!), too. The wedding will take place in Alyssa's backyard, complete with a fountain, waterfall, and pond on September 19th.

No comments: